Author: Manuel Lemos
Updated on: 2022-06-24
Posted on: 2022-06-24
Viewers: 126 (June 2022)
Categories: PHP Tutorials, Lately in PHP Podcast
You can determine the correct order by the more critical steps you need to do first because you can only do the following steps when you complete the crucial steps.
Read this article, watch a 2-minute video, or listen to part 7 of episode 92 of the Lately in PHP podcast to learn the correct order of the steps to perform a PHP version upgrade.
In this article you can learn:
How to Plan a PHP Version Upgrade Successfully
1. Previous Article: Why You Need to Choose the Right Moment to Upgrade to a New PHP Version
2. Previous Article: When Is the Right Time to Upgrade
3. Previous Article: How to Plan a PHP Version Upgrade Successfully
4. Previous Article: How to Setup a Development Environment Separate from the Production Environment
5. Previous Article: What Are Your App Features to Test First Before a PHP Version Upgrade
6. Previous Article: Test Crucial PHP and Environment Features Next
7. This Article: The Right Order to Execute the Steps to Upgrade to a New PHP Version
8. Next Article: How to Verify if an Upgrade Really Succeeded
Download Size: 3MB Listeners: 359
Introduction music obtained with permission from: http://spoti.fi/NCS
Sound effects obtained with permission from: https://www.zapsplat.com/
In iTunes, use the Subscribe to Podcast... item of the Advanced menu, and then enter the URL above to subscribe to this podcast.
See the Lately in PHP podcast play list on YouTube and Subscribe to this channel there.
Episode 92 Part 7 Video
3. What Should You Do Upgrade Successfully
3.5 Make One Change at a Time by the Right Order
Determine the Right Order of The Upgrades in Your PHP Environment
1m11s So the next step is to determine the right order by how you will be applying the changes in your environment.
If you need to apply different changes, not just the PHP version, you need to determine which tool you will upgrade first because certain changes have consequences so they need to be done first.
Change Your PHP Version First
1m42s What I suggest is that you change the PHP version that you are using, first.
Change Your Web Server
1m48s Next change your Web server if necessary.
Change the Database Server
Later, you can change the database server.
Change the Email Server If Necessary
Do the Operating System Upgrade
2m03s Finally, I suggest you do an operating system upgrade but probably that operating system upgrade also upgrades all the other tools that I mentioned.
So if you plan to upgrade the operating system, probably just do that upgrade and verify that the versions of the software that you need are already there.
If they are not there, you need to do the upgrade later, OK.
If your PHP applications have crucial features and must keep working after an upgrade, those are the first features you need to test.
Usually, those are features that deal with delicate aspects like finances, and people's data security, including identity and health data.
- There are no notes for this episode.
You need to be a registered user or login to post a comment
Login Immediately with your account on:
No comments were submitted yet.